PopCornucopia

PopCornucopia is all about free associative pop culture tidbits as they strike my fancy, just like kernels of corn exploding into fullness at a random and unpredictable pace. And of course, the cornucopia is the horn of plenty.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

After I changed the URL it really is a palimpsest!

Welcome to the first entry of PopCornucopia! This is the more self-indulgent, trivial alter ego of the Avera Palimpsest. A little obsessive about certain facets of pop culture, I wanted a place where I could rattle off and proselytize about music, films, television and the like. Who doesn't? So many blogswebsitespulicationsshows do this that this is far from unique and I wonder if this even has an audience. I guess that's why it mainly exists for unabashed self-ingratiation.

Sure, I could have combined this with the Avera Palimpsest, but I felt that this deserved a separate space, espcially since I am trying to maintain some sort of focus for each of these blogs. It seems a little out of place to talk about semi-serious information that I think is worth sharing right alongside the perfectly inconsequential--albeit very fun--fluff.

Yes, one may say that the fluff matters more than people may intially think, and combination of the two may provide for some interesting results. But I'd prefer to compartmentalize my preoccupations a little bit for now.

I hope you enjoy the fluff with gusto!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home