PopCornucopia

PopCornucopia is all about free associative pop culture tidbits as they strike my fancy, just like kernels of corn exploding into fullness at a random and unpredictable pace. And of course, the cornucopia is the horn of plenty.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A 13 year old who can hold it down


I used to really love Soul for Real when I was 10. Think Heavy D proteges, a mid 90's version of Jackson 5 meets the Temptations with a little Boyz II Men thrown in. Anyway I went searching on You Tube and found this little video of them for their song, "If You Want It." This was off their album Candy Rain which was on heavy rotation in my younger years.

I just love all the people dancing really awkwardly. And the 70's recreation. Plus, the lead singer, the youngest of the Dalyrimple brothers, has got some shockingly good adolescent pipes. It always looks like his clothes don't fit though.

I guess they also just released a new album last year, with a joint featuring, of all people, Jadakiss.

Once again, I ask, Why is Jadakiss as hard as it gets? (Only Mana Hayakawa will understand the hilarity of this question--perhaps I will explain later).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home