PopCornucopia

PopCornucopia is all about free associative pop culture tidbits as they strike my fancy, just like kernels of corn exploding into fullness at a random and unpredictable pace. And of course, the cornucopia is the horn of plenty.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Ching-a-ling: Put out to Pastorious

I was just listening to Jaco Pastorious' "Portrait of Tracy". Here's a live performance of it:




In an arcane twist of musical convergence, I realized that "Pullin' Me Back", a Chingy (feat. Tyrese) jam I had on heavy rotation (yeah, I am sorry but I just dig the hook) samples it! Here's the studio version of "Portrait" so you can hear the sample more immediately.

Like, whoa, I didn't even seek that one out. It just fell in my lap. I love it when that happens :)

Of course, I looked it up just to be sure. And it seems Chingy and producer Jermaine Dupri were also referencing SWV:



Dude, I do love me some SWV too. That one was for you, Jon David.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home