PopCornucopia

PopCornucopia is all about free associative pop culture tidbits as they strike my fancy, just like kernels of corn exploding into fullness at a random and unpredictable pace. And of course, the cornucopia is the horn of plenty.

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Sweetest Anoop

Dear Anoop,

Please DO NOT do this song for next week's "year you were born" (1986) theme:



I have a sick feeling in my tum-tum that you will pick it. That spells D-A-N-G-E-R -Z-O-N-E (another '86 song, a highway to where you should avoid). You dressed for it last week (erm), so if you're gonna go Maverick on me, you can always do this. But it's one of those things that could either be sheer triumph or absolute suicide.

I know Stevie's your hero, but don't do "Overjoyed." It's overdone. You're smarter than that. Right?

However, I would LOVE to see you do this song:



Soooo easy to make contemporary because of the beats, plus the gender crossover always helps you win easy originality points. Smoldering yet earnest. You can be sexy without all the chest puffing and strutting.

Even Les Nubians gives you something to work with that's more recent:



Languorous enough to show off the smooth vocals, but nice n' mid-tempo to keep the energy up.

Do it baby, slam dunk.

Love,

Em

P.S. Found this after the initial post: LOOK! What did I tell you? You got this.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger chilekat said…

    Thanks for the comment on my blog. We are definitely of one mind on Anoop. I'm worried for him on Disco Night, aren't you? Cool blog, btw.

    Kat

     

Post a Comment

<< Home