PopCornucopia

PopCornucopia is all about free associative pop culture tidbits as they strike my fancy, just like kernels of corn exploding into fullness at a random and unpredictable pace. And of course, the cornucopia is the horn of plenty.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sexability

Teddy Pendergrass is unbelievably awesome:



Phwooooooar! I just love how he goes from raunchy to sweetly gracious in a heartbeat.

Some of you may know TP was later paralyzed from the waist down. Well, that didn't stop him from reminding people that he was still a sensual, passionate man.



I think this is a perfect example of how we can re-imagine the body and the ways in which people who have different ability embody sexuality in a myriad of ways. These varying modes of expression are equally valid. I must also point out I have also thought about queerness and ability. Unsurprisingly, I think the queer communities are much more supportive of engaging with issues of ability. Look at all the lesbians who know sign language! I kid, I kid. But really, it's high time people expand their notions of sexuality!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home