PopCornucopia

PopCornucopia is all about free associative pop culture tidbits as they strike my fancy, just like kernels of corn exploding into fullness at a random and unpredictable pace. And of course, the cornucopia is the horn of plenty.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

BritPopCornucopia # 8: The Skinny on Liam

Liam Gallagher wants to make clothes. WTF. He doesn't even make good music anymore. What sort of hubris makes him think he can do fashion?

Oh yeah, this kind:




The line, called "Pretty Green", is no doubt named after The Jam song (what doesn't Liam do that's not derivative?).



Wait! Mark Ronson already ripped it off before Mr. Gallagher.

So Liam, did you say you don't like skinny? May I remind you that The Jam, those who kindly let you shoplift the name of their song, were the kings of skinny?



I hang my head in shame. I cannot believe Oasis was my first rock concert. My teenage self is mourning! Nor is Weller exempt. His taste in clothes may be cool, but he also has a recently-acquired taste for young arm candy that I don't think I can get behind. Really, your backup singer? Could you be any more cliche?

I guess the law of growing up is that the older you get the more you start to realize that many of the rock stars you so heralded as a kid are actually entitled d-bags who aren't as cool as you thought. Love borne out of nostalgia is not as good as bathing in its present light. *tear*

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home