PopCornucopia

PopCornucopia is all about free associative pop culture tidbits as they strike my fancy, just like kernels of corn exploding into fullness at a random and unpredictable pace. And of course, the cornucopia is the horn of plenty.

Friday, May 22, 2009

BritPopCornucopia #16: Pleeeeeese let it be true, please let it be true, please let it be true...

Will I finally see Blur live in all their totality? If the word out is true, let us hope the answer is a resounding YES-YES-YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure, I've had Graham Coxon put his arm around my shoulder and do feral things(Ask me for the story if you've not heard it). I've certainly witnessed both the Gorillaz and the Think Tank era greatness that is Damon Albarn and co. But never have I ever seen them on the same stage together all at once. It's about damn time.

Let's party people and make it happen!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Sure, I've had Graham Coxon put his arm around my shoulder and do feral things"

    What's this story?? Sounds a bit intense...

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger Em said…

    I met Graham when he was on tour for Happiness in Magazines. He was doing an acoustic set at Amoeba Music in SF. Following the set, I did the autograph and picture thing. After my friend snapped the shot,arm still 'round my shoulder, Graham turned his face toward mine, let out a funny little growl and proceeded to faux bite me. That Coxon, earned an even specialer place in my heart that day. Pure silliness.

    BTW, haha, lovely to see another blur fan checking out the old bloggerino. Your LJ demonstrates an uncanny ability to select song lyrics to suit your mood :) And if you're a Joyce fan, read Paul Saint-Amour's critical works. He's a pal and fellow Britpop enthusiast.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home