PopCornucopia

PopCornucopia is all about free associative pop culture tidbits as they strike my fancy, just like kernels of corn exploding into fullness at a random and unpredictable pace. And of course, the cornucopia is the horn of plenty.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

BritPopCoruncopia #17: Top 3 reasons I wish I was at Glasto this year

Alas, there any many cosmic arguments as to why I should've been at Glastonbury this year. Here are the top three in order of importance:

NUMERO UNO, of course: Blur closed the whole. damn. show. And it was epic.

*Sigh*



Dear blur, please just come to the Netherlands when I'm there, okay? Don't go to the U.S. if I haven't seen you there! It will seriously break my heart. And my tears will fall like those Ghanaian tomatoes, Damon:

Love, Em

Numero dos:

Ah, Noisettes, my new favorite band of the moment. Their frontwoman Shingai Shoniwa (that's her during their performance at Glasto above) is an ultra-ferocious blend of Kathleen Hanna, Bjork, and Lily Allen in her incomparable vocal delivery. I am rocking out to their last album What's the time, Mr. Wolf? and I can't wait for the release of their latest Wild Young Hearts in August. Their dancefloor hit single "Don't Upset the Rhythm" is already shaking the bootysphere in their native England.



Memo to Noisettes: Let's also get the timing right, please. Whether it's Amsterdam or S.F. be there when I'm there. Alright.

Numero tres: The Tong, his bandmates and their ever-lovable antics:

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home