PopCornucopia

PopCornucopia is all about free associative pop culture tidbits as they strike my fancy, just like kernels of corn exploding into fullness at a random and unpredictable pace. And of course, the cornucopia is the horn of plenty.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Miss Ponytail and the Darling of the Arctic Circle

I had a conversation the other day trying to explain the word "Mush!" as a rallying cry for sled dogs. And then I was watching this video which provides a use of "mush" in context for those interested parties. It also involves a little Sinatra-Suzuki exchange on identity and singing that is handled with a light touch, but certainly has a subtext about authenticity and entertainment.



Man, Pat Suzuki is so cool. Her beaming smile and powerful voice are irresistible. As a child of Flower Drum Song I'd like a poster of this magazine cover please:




Oh yeah and Suzuki's original version of this song kicks ass (I posted the film version here, and although I was raised with that rendition, I am starting to become even more smitten with Pat's edgier delivery) :


Watch I Enjoy Being A Girl Pat Suzuki in Music | View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com

Although, WTF, why do the graphics for that vid end with a Maneki Neko? Just cuz she's JA? Ugh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home