PopCornucopia

PopCornucopia is all about free associative pop culture tidbits as they strike my fancy, just like kernels of corn exploding into fullness at a random and unpredictable pace. And of course, the cornucopia is the horn of plenty.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Please excuse me while I move to the Netherlands

Yep, I will do my utmost to post some good stuff in here once again, but life's just gotten in the way.

The blogging dropoff is largely due to the manic activity of the last three weeks of my job, with a jazz festival, camp and residency program going at full force, and being marooned on the island that is Stanford. Thankfully, the storm from that weather front has subsided.

Alas, further complications have lead me to moving to a faraway place that requires international wire transfers, deciphering the indecipherable, and the general stress of relocation at a breakneck pace. So until that is fully in swing, don't expect anything regular.

Thanks for your patience and understanding of the intermittent nature of posting in the coming weeks.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:49 PM, Blogger chilekat said…

    Wow. The Netherlands. I wish I knew how to say "That's the bombdiggity" in . . . Netherlandish? Netherlandese? Norse? (That last can't be right) Well, sounds like good times. I don't imagine they get US style AI over there. Thank heavens for the internet. I'll look for your posts once you get settled in. (I hope they won't be in Dutch or else I'm screwed!)

     
  • At 7:12 AM, Blogger Em said…

    Yeah, not sure about the AI availability, but I think it might very well be broadcast here. Not sure I'll have a TV in my new digs though...I do know for a fact that they have SYTYCD, and I just watched Randy Jackson presents ABDC yesterday, since I've been staying with some people who have television.

    Don't worry, I know very little Dutch. It's Engels all the way on this blog. And no, I don't mean Marx's writing partner.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home