PopCornucopia

PopCornucopia is all about free associative pop culture tidbits as they strike my fancy, just like kernels of corn exploding into fullness at a random and unpredictable pace. And of course, the cornucopia is the horn of plenty.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

This week's earphone worthy for the hopeless romantic

Thanks to Soul Sides, one of my fave music blogs, here's a track that is my part of my current sonic addiction:

Al Green's "I Wish You Were Here":



Next, are few versions of a couple of jazz standards that I am enamored with right about now:

"I Remember You" as done by the late great Nat King Cole:



And a lovely harp laden take on it by Bjork that was actually my first intro to the tune:



Anita O'Day doing Tenderly, with Oscar Peterson tickling the ivories (sample only).

Finally, going to throw you for a loop with a splash of PJ Harvey's sexily carnal headbanger "This is Love":



Really, cop that whole album Stories From the City, Stories From the Sea. It's an early oughties masterpiece. Sometimes you gotta push that lush orchestration aside and thrash it out, ya know?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home